The login and configuration process of Linksys extender is so simple and easy. With the help of this device, you can easily extend the speed of WiFi in less time. Now, let’s begin the process.
Note: If you have a Linksys RE6400 model but don’t know how to do the Linksys RE6400 setup then don’t worry because the configuration process of both devices is the same.
Unboxing Of Linksys RE7000 Extender Device
When you do the unboxing of the RE7000 gadget you will get the extender device and a quick manual guide for the configuration process of the extender. With the assistance of the quick manual guide, you will learn about the installation, solution tips and so more.
Common Needs To Do Linksys RE7000 Installation
- Require an active power supply.
- Need of extender’s default login details.
- Navigation requires a Wi-Fi-containing gadget.
- Grab a long ethernet wire.
- Must know the correct default IP or web address.
How To Sign-In To Linksys RE7000 Gadget
- Initially, plug in the Linksys RE7000 into an electrical socket.
- Next, attach one end of the cable to the extender ethernet port and another end to an existing router ethernet port.
- Now, insert the web address extender.linksys.com in the finding bar.
- By doing this, you will directly visit the setup page of the Linksys range extender.
- Further, pick up the wired range extender option and hit on the enter button.
- Lastly, make a Linksys extender admin password and save it anywhere for future use.
Installation Of Linksys RE7000 Gadget
By the three methods, you can easily do the setup process of the Linksys extender device. Let’s consider the below steps.
By Installing Linksys Application:
- Initially, launch the google play store on a mobile phone and search for the Linksys application.
- After that download the application.
- Further, after entering a username and security password, the app will show you the setup page of the Linksys RE7000 extender.
- In the end, step-by-step follow all the instructions.
By Pushing WPS Button:
It is a very quick and easiest method to do the configuration process of the Linksys RE7000 extender in less time.
Note: Make sure while doing this process your router must have a WPS button.
- To start this process, settle your extender in the power socket, which is nearest to the host router.
- Now, push the router and extender WPS buttons.
- Further, wait for a minute until you see a solid blue LED on both the extender and router gadget.
- As a result, LED indicates that the extender and router both gadgets successfully connected with each other.
Configure Linksys Extender Manually
- Initially, connect your extender to the computer and make sure that they both must be located in the same room.
- Now, enter extender.linksys.com on the connected gadget web browser.
- Next, the Linksys extender login page will open up on your screen, and fill in the credentials which are shown on the login page.
- In the end, consider all the screen instructions to do the installation process.
Note: After trying out the three mentioned setup methods, if you are facing any issues then follow these lower solution tips.
- Verify the distance between the Linksys extender and the host router.
- See all the wired connections attached to the Linksys extender device.
- Upgrade software of the Linksys RE7000 extender.
- Check Linksys RE7000 extender placement.
If these tips do not help you to fix an issue then try these few additional tips.
Upgrade Linksys RE7000 Extender Firmware
- First, enter the web or IP addresses instead of them in the web browser URL bar.
- Now, the Linksys RE7000 extender login page will open up on your display.
- Fill in all the details which are shown up on display.
- After doing this you will visit the settings of the Linksys extender.
- Now, pick the administration option from settings and then select the software update option.
- In the end, wait for a while to download the extender software file on the computer.
Reset Linksys RE7000 Extender
- To begin with, look for the reset hole button on the Linksys RE7000 extender device.
- The reset hole button is mainly located behind the extender.
- Now, push that button with the help of a paper clip.
- Next, you can see all the LEDs will now turn off.
- As a result, it means your extender is now completely reset.
Note: After the reset process, you will need to do the Linksys RE7000 setup process again.
With the assistance and reading of this article, we expect you can easily extend the range of the router by doing the configuration process of the Linksys RE7000 and RE6400 extenders.