Converting PST files to Excel format is needful when you need to extract data from your Outlook mailbox in a tabular format. In this comprehensive guide, we will talk about how you can convert PST file to Excel file format. We will explore multiple solutions to convert PST to Excel. By the end of this guide, you’ll be able to convert your PST files to Excel format effortlessly.
Whether you want to export your emails, contacts, calendar entries, or other Outlook data, we’ve got you covered. Here you will get to learn everything, right from detailed knowledge of PST files and Excel format to different reasons to convert PST to Excel file format. We will use the automated PST Converter for Mac to convert PST file to Excel format. Without further delay, let’s understand Outlook Data Files (.pst) and Excel file formats. Let’s get started with the article.
What is Outlook Data File (.pst)?
A Personal Folder File, commonly known as a .pst file, serves as an Outlook data file where your messages and other Outlook items are stored locally on your computer. It is a file that is used to store Outlook data, such as emails, contacts, calendars, and tasks. These files can be used to back up your Outlook data or to transfer your data to a new computer. However, these files are large in size, difficult to manage, and easily prone to corruption.
What is Excel Format?
Excel format is a way of storing data in a spreadsheet. It is a popular format for storing data because it is easy to use and can be opened by many different programs. It can store a variety of data types, including numbers, text, dates, and formulas. The data in an Excel format file is organized into rows and columns. Each row represents a single record, and each column represents a single field. These files are comparatively easy to use than PST files.
Reasons to Convert PST File to Excel
There are many reasons why you might want to convert Outlook data file to Excel.
- To perform data analysis on your Outlook data, you can convert your PST file to an Excel format.
- It becomes easy to open and view Excel data.
- If you need to access your Outlook data in Excel, you can export Outlook emails to Excel.
- It becomes easy to analyze data in a tabular format like Excel.
- You can share Excel spreadsheets with others, and you can work on Excel spreadsheets together in real-time.
- You can assign a strong password to the Excel files to protect third-party access.
Now, let’s find a way to execute the above conversion process without a hassle.
How to Convert Outlook Data to Excel?
There are several solutions available in the market. But how we will you get an assurity of quality conversion or safe results when choosing one solution for yourself? Addressing this issue, our expert team has figured out the best and most effective solution for you. You can convert PST file to Excel using a third-party PST Converter application.
It is a safe, secure, and comprehensive conversion or PST migration solution. Apart from this, there is no other manual solution to execute this conversion process. Go ahead and explore the method for converting PST files into XLS file format.
Professional Solution to Export Outlook Emails to Excel
MacSonik Outlook PST Converter allows users to convert Outlook PST files to Excel format. It is a reliable and efficient tool for converting Outlook PST files. The utility is safe and does not hamper the original data. The software can convert PST to XLS, PDF, EML, EMLX, MBOX, HTML, MSG, DOC, etc. Here are some of the steps on how to use the advanced PST Converter:
Steps to Convert PST File to Excel Spreadsheet
- Download the PST Converter software and proceed with the installation.
- After that, tap the Add File button.
- Select the PST file that you want to convert.
- Tick the required file/folder and select any Excel format from the drop-down list.
- Choose additional features of the tool.
- Last, click on the Convert button to convert PST to Excel.
Get in-detail features of this utility in the following section of the blog.
Mac PST Converter- Detailed Features
Here are some details about the features of the Mac PST Converter:
- Mac PST Converter can migrate Outlook PST files to Gmail, Office 365, IMAP, iCloud, Thunderbird, and more email clients without losing your Outlook data.
- It has the option to convert PST file to Word document, Images, Webpage, and other formats.
- This PST Converter supports batch conversion of PST files. This means that you can convert multiple PST files at once.
- It allows users to find specific emails within a PST file and convert them easily. This can be helpful if you are looking for a specific email or a group of emails.
- This tool offers a seamless user experience with its intuitive interface, making it effortless to navigate and operate. This makes it easy for anyone to use, even if they are not familiar with computer software.
- You can choose to migrate with or without the attached files in the conversion process.
- This utility keeps the original folder hierarchy of the data intact during the whole process.
- You can easily access this tool on all the minor and major versions of the Mac operating system.
Overall, Mac PST Converter is a comprehensive tool that can be used to turn Outlook data files into Excel format effortlessly. It is a valuable tool for users who need to convert their Outlook data to a different format or migrate their data to a different email client.
In conclusion, converting PST files to Excel format provides a convenient way to extract and analyze data from Outlook. By following the step-by-step instructions, you can effectively convert PST file to Excel. Apart from the professional method stated in the above section, there is no manual way to perform this conversion process. The professional solution is a complete solution in itself. It claims to deliver fast, safe, and effective conversion results without any external guidance.