Users transfer information from one place to another or within the organisation with Office 365. It is the cloud-based service for communicating or sharing crucial data, and most people use it worldwide. There are so many users relying on this platform to store their data, so it is also up to the users how they can keep their data safe and secure. For that, users must take Office 365 email backup, as it is a vast platform, and several users store their data.
Therefore having a backup of the emails will be beneficial for the users. The users are worried about the data they have stored in Office 365 and are looking for a way to protect their data. In the following blog, we will share detailed information about the backup tasks and how users can perform them.
Reasons to perform Office 365 email backup
We all accept that data is very crucial and especially for all the businesspeople working around the world. This platform is huge, and all the users store all their essential information, whether it is professional or personal. Nowadays, everyone only uses this platform, and users trust Office 365 for its unique features.
This platform has grabbed users’ attention, which is why users prefer saving their data here. There are some reasons why users should back up their Office 365 emails, and we list some of them.
- Office 365 is a cloud-based service, and people worldwide use this platform to store their data. Therefore, the platform is easily accessible to everyone, so taking Office 365 email backup is necessary to keep you protected.
- Microsoft 365 pays for storage. If users take a backup of Office 365 emails, storage will be cut down.
- If users lose their data due to any mishap, then just taking Office 365 email backup will benefit them.
Ways to backup Office 365 mailbox to PST
The backup of Office 365 emails can be taken with two methods one is with the manual method, and the other one is through a professional third-party tool. Both procedures are available for the users so they can choose which method they are comfortable with.
The manual method is challenging to handle and can only be performed by technical experts. Users have to wait for a very long to complete the task. Therefore, we recommend users go with the professional Office 365 backup tool. The third-party tool will swiftly backup Office 365 mailbox to PST without losing data.
Manual method to backup Office 365 mailbox
The manual method was the most used previously, as it was the only way for Office 365 email backup process. Users can perform the task, but it will take a lot of time, and there is no guarantee that it will completely back up the data. There can be a high risk of losing your data, so make sure you opt for the manual method at your own risk. Check out the below-cited steps to conduct the process.
- Firstly, visit the Office 365 account with your administrator details.
- Open the Office 365 admit centre and hit the security option.
- Now from the left panel, click on the permission option, and from there, select the eDiscovery manager from the list.
- After that, you will be taken to a new window where you are supposed to tap on the Edit option.
- Now select the eDiscovery manager option and click on the save button.
- After that, from the left panel, hit the Search option and the Content search button.
- On the new window, click on the New search option.
- Now you must enter the new name and description for the new search and click on the Next option.
- After that, the location window will appear before you select the location, or you can also search the mailbox to back up into the PST file and then click on the next option.
- Now as per the requirement, apply the condition, select the keyword, and hit the Next button.
- After that, review the search setting and hit the Submit option; to change the search-setting click on the Back option.
- Now from the search list, select your search and click on the Action option.
- After that, hit the Export result option, choose the Output option, and click the Export button.
- Select your last export from the Export tab and hit the download result option.
- Now scroll the page and copy the Export key, a click once the application eDiscovery export tool appears before you.
- After that, you are supposed to paste the export key you have copied and then browse for the location to save the PST file.
- Lastly, hit the Start button for the Office 365 email backup task.
What are the limitations of the manual method?
Now that users are opting for the manual method for Office 365 email backup tasks, they must know there are some limitations to the manual method. Therefore, if you are going with the manual method, you should check out some limitations mentioned below.
- It is a very challenging task and takes much time to complete.
- There is no guarantee for a complete backup of a user’s data; users can even face data loss.
- The process required a technical hand to perform the Office 365 email backup task.
- It does not backup the selective data like contacts, emails etc.
Professional approach to backup Office 365 mailbox to PST
The professional method is the only way to complete the entire task within a shorter time limit. Users can finish the task in hours, and no technical knowledge is needed for the process. Any user can run Shoviv Office 365 backup and restore tool, as it does not complicate the task. If users are willing, to begin with the task with the professional method, go through the steps below.
- Download and install the Shoviv Office 365t backup and restore tool.
- Open the software and hit the connect Office 365 option to create a new project and fetch the details of the Office 365 mailbox.
- After that, a dialogue box will appear before you enter the required details and hit the Connect option.
- Now from the backup tab, hit the Add icon and enter the backup directory name and path. Now click on the browse option to save the Office 365 mailbox data.
- Click on Add icon and create a new backup job; then, on the new window, enter the name for the new backup job and hit the Next option.
- On the new window, choose the mailbox you want to backup and hit the Next option.
- Next page, there will be three filter options, i.e. date range, message class and folder filter. Users can apply the filter as required and hit the Next option.
- Post that, a setting dialogue will open before you, Here. Users can set the thread count and select the attempt for network failure.
- Later on, users can also set the size of the file, and then the file will split; after that, hit the Next option.
- On the next page, two options will be available, i.e., immediate process and scheduler. Users can schedule the backup daily, weekly, monthly or once.
- After that, the status page will appear before you check out all the created job details. If the report is satisfactory, then click on the Finish option. However, if you are unsatisfied, you can return by clicking on the edit option.
- Once the process is completed, the software will share a live report of the entire task.
To begin with, the Office 365 email backup task, we have shared the software so all the users willing to go with it can check out the tool. The tool comes with some unique features, and a free trial version is available for the users. Download it and check out the efficiency of the tool.